Festivals are a source of great pride for local communities and provide a venue for public engagement in the arts in Ohio. The Ohio Arts Council’s Festival Directory is a free resource for the public to engage with the arts and for artists to discover opportunities. Competitive exhibitions showcase Ohio’s wealth of artistic talent and encourage artists through exposure and awards. From juried exhibitions and multi-day festivals to arts-and-crafts bazaars and seasonal events, these experiences play a crucial role in enhancing cultural tourism, celebrating our heritage, and supporting Ohio’s economy.
The Ohio Arts Council (OAC) collected event information during an online submission window in the fall of 2017. Information is arranged by date, location, and type of event. Events are categorized as either festivals or competitions. General information for each listing is presented in the first paragraph followed by details for artists, craftspeople, and performers. An alphabetical index of Festivals by Region and a listing of Ohio’s Convention and Visitors Bureaus are included in the back of the directory.
Competitions, or competitive exhibitions, are classified as juried, nonjuried, invitational, or juried invitational, according to information supplied at the time of listing.
- JURIED: A neutral panel or juror reviews each applicant’s work or slides and makes final selection decis
- NONJURIED: All applicants are accepted until all spaces are filled, first-come first-se
- INVITATIONAL: Promoters or their staff select exhibitors from applications or by direct invitat
- JURIED INVITATIONAL: All applicants, past and present, are reviewed by a neutral panel or juror, then the panel or juror makes
recommendations to the promoter or chairperson, who makes final selection decis
- FOR ARTISTS: This section lists details for craftspeople, visual artists, and performers. Some events will list the mediums or disciplines they are seeking, booth fees and sizes, or entry information and award amounts.
Listings in the Ohio Arts Council’s Festival Directory have been compiled based on information supplied by proprietors and promoters of the individual festivals and competitions. The OAC is not responsible for the accuracy of this information. Information may be subject to change. Prior to traveling, please confirm dates and locations of festivals by visiting the festival’s website. This
information may not be comprehensive.
Artists and craftspeople should be aware that a listing does not constitute an endorsement by the OAC of any particular festival or competition or its promoter or proprietor. Artists and craftspeople are advised to conduct their own inquiries about any event that
While we aim to create an extensive guide, the directory is not a complete listing of all Ohio festivals. Art enthusiasts may discover other worthwhile festivals, events, and arts destinations by contacting local convention and visitors bureaus around the state, which are listed on pages 66-74, or by visiting ArtsinOhio.com.